Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pregnancy

For those who didn't understand my last post.... I'm pregnant!


Wierd things that happen to me when I am pregnant.

Around eight weeks I get the flu--realllllly bad. (This has happened ALL of my pregnancies. Coincidenc? I think not.) Three to four days in bed without moving. It is the worst thing. I can't take anything, I can't move, I can't breathe, I can't do anything. My mother-in-law comes over to help (the house gets so messy, and the kids can't get all their own food...), and it is a few days of H E double toothpicks. Argh.

When I sleep, my ears go "numb"--but really that isn't the right word. I can't explain it. It is like it gets hard and when I try and move my head it hurts even worse. My arms fall asleep easily when I am sleeping. And every once in awhile my tongue does this strange tingley thing. Wierd.

My ears plug up. Sounds like I have been swimming and have water in my ears. And my legs itch NON STOP! Annoying.


I crave just a few things. Orange juice. Arctic Circle hamburgers--because of the chopped lettuce. Plain McDonalds cheeseburgers. Yum.

I want to throw up for the first 13 weeks--nauseas allllll day long. If I move, I want to throw up. If I eat I want to throw up. If I don't eat I want to throw up. (don't read this if you are sensitive to grossness) And it is so violent, my nasal passages get all clogged up. PS, never eat Taquitos if you are going to throw up... Gross.

Certain food taste metallic. Or they taste REALLY gross completely. Like dried mangos--can't eat them when I'm pregnant. And for some reason (or maybe it was just the one batch I cooked), Lasagna. Some yogurts and cereals. Eww yucky.

Scott says some of the wierd things that happen are that I have strange dreams and I always want to change my hairstyle. I think that it is a normal thing... actually.

I am not a crier, and with my other pregnancies I didn't really cry much. But I have cried every single sacrament meeting (mostly during the songs), and I cry at all the sappy stuff. Today I checked out itsaboutlove.org and read a bunch of adoption stories and cried like a baby. Sniff... Sniff...


And there are some things that happen that shouldn't be discussed. Like peeing my pants every time I sneeze, cough, or throw up. Sigh...

I don't tell people until I am thirteen weeks along. For two reasons. First, I don't want to have to answers questions if I miscarry. And Second, the pregnancy lasts longer when other people know--more people to talk to about it, etc. I'd rather have a shorter feeling pregnancy. So, if you ask me if I am pregnant before I am 13 weeks, I will lie to you. Please just don't ask me......... thanks.

Pregnancy is about the hardest thing for me. Mostly because I feel (and am) so lazy. It starts at week 6--lazy cause if I move I throw up. So til week 13, I don't do anything. The second trimester is better, but that is when I am most tired. So, although I actually move around, I do take at least one nap a day (usually the first one is about 9 in the morning...). Then the third trimester starts my contractions. If I move, I contract. So, I can't move. I can take medicine, but it usually makes me jittery. I just do the best I can, but mostly I sit around. Plus, who wants to move when you have watermelon attached the the front of you? So, nine months of sitting around... it makes me lazy. Then I have the baby, and although the pregnancy is over, it takes me MONTHS til I feel like I should move around. Just because for almost a year I haven't moved, why should I start now? I hate it. I am SO lazy. What a complainer. Wow.

I completely forgot to add one of the worst things--my sciatic nerve gives me pain from the get go and it only gets worse with time and largeness... I end up waddling way before it looks like I should and I have to ROLL out of bed and sometimes I get "stuck" in place and can't move. Sigh. More complaints...

6 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

I was looking at your kids the other day and I thought to myself. "Her kids are so beautiful. I know she has terrible pregnancies, but its worth anything to have those precious boys forever."

Any you really do have exceptionally handsome boys. Sorry pregnancies are so rough on you.

Marne said...

Congrats Beebs! So if you are THAT emotional...I bet you are having a girl. Really. I was much more emotional when I was pregnant with my girls than with my boys. Here is to hoping!

Ali Garner said...

I still would rather go through that than 2 1/2 years of adoption! But whatever the trials it is 100 percent worth it in the end - - look at what we get! I really hope you have a girl so I can pass down all of Meredith's darling stuff . . .

Lawrence Clan said...

Congrats :) That is so exciting, sorry you feel so crummy.. hopefully it gets a little better for you.

Cari said...

Holy Cow! Britt, I am so excited! I have every single finger and toe crossed for a little girl. The boys are sooooo cute, but she would be sooo gorgeous!
And PS, did Ali adopt a little girl?!

heidiglyn said...

He he he! So sorry you feel so cruddy. (Are you sure you want to come visit this week?) Maybe I should waddle down and take care of you . . .