Brennan is getting big! He is by far my biggest kid--20 lbs by one year. He is sooo funny with his scooting on his bum (which by the way, is a fine way to get around--my doctor said so! I don't want anyone telling me that I'm not a good mom cause he doesn't crawl!). He has just figured how to get up our two stairs out of the play room and pull himself to standing and bang the tables. He loves to clap and smile cheesy grins. He really loves his mom (me!) and clings to her often, though he loves his dad and brothers, too! I couldn't figure out why he was so cranky the other week, then had a peek in his mouth and saw half of a molar... no wonder! The rest of the molar came in and he continued being cranky.
He loves the Elmo we got him, but he loves to play with cars--and make the noises, too! He is a delightful boy and is so handsome--he will be a real looker when he gets older. What a face!
We had a great family party for his birthday. My friend Camille gave me this idea, so all credit goes to her: We made three different cake mixes, but then had people pour the cake batter into waffle irons! Everyones own personal waffle cake! Then I had several different toppings, frostings, etc. It was a great success! He opened presents (well, his brothers did) and he dove into his Elmo cake (a tradition to have the one year old eat their own cake --the next day is never quite fun on their bellies and bum...), and he LOVED it (who wouldn't?). See the progression of cake and child to mess and messier...
13 comments:
Thanks for letting us share in the fun of Brennan's birthday via your blog. What a cutie! Love to you all. Mom.
that is great! i love seeing other people let their kids get dirty (i just cant do it). the cake pre-brennan is amazing too!
happy birthday big boy!
Wow...how long did you have to scrub so Brennan wasn't red??
I hope that stayed in the kitchen. My kids would have ruined everything and anything. You are one brave mom with the RED frosting.
LOL - what a mess he made, but so fun to see those pictures. He is a cutie - that grin could melt anyones heart. The first year goes by so quickly, but I think the second goes faster. Enjoy every minute!
I love it! That is the funniest thing! I love how he is covered in red frosting. So fun. He is one adorable little boy and you are one brave and nice mama! :)
OH..MY...HECK!!!!
Look at those pictures!!!
Talk about a bad mother...I must be because I didn't let me child go wild in her OWN cake!
LOVE IT!!!!
You guys are way way WAY to fun!
I can't believe he is just 1.
I keep thinking he's older then Lucy...
What a doll!
that cake is so cute, and wow thats one big mess
Super progression of pictures Beebs! Love it!
Those pictures of him with the Elmo cake (which is darling by the way!) are priceless! He is one cute little guy! I am glad he had a good birthday! And you are ONE BUSY MAMA!
I love the red icing. I bet that was hard to wash off! So cute!
Aunt Liz
I love those pictures. My little girl turns one in a week and I just can't figure out what to make for a cake. I know this is more for me than for her but I am so dang excited about it. You did a great job!!
We had red frosting on Hayden's first birthday cake as well, so I know exactly what you went through to get it all off! Great pictures!
Post a Comment