Wow, it has been awhile. I was was waiting til I made the blog private, but I just can't keep on top of things, and now I want to wait awhile to go private (til after Christmas I think)... so, now I will just give ya'll an update. Not that much has happened.
But the boys have been saying and doing some really fun things. Brennan is still scooting around on his bum. He is such a riot. He is very distracting at church. I love how when everybody is looking at him, and oh-ing and ah-ing he gets all shy and puts his head down. But, then he shows off. He loves to imitate. If dad is flying around an airplane, he waves his arms around and makes airplane noises, too. He takes play telephones (or our cell phones...) and puts them at the back of his neck and "talks" (why the back of the neck? silly kid!). He loves to follow his brothers around--he just loves to be with them! And they are so good to him. He is such a joy. He turns one next week and we are having a big ELMO party for him. You will get a nice report of that, I am very excited for his party.
(What a dirty but darling face!)
Aidan is a riot, too. He is so funny. It is amazing how such a little body can hold so much energy, and so much fun! He really is quite little. Only five pounds separate him from Brennan (A is 25, B is 20!) He hasn't grown much lately. But, that is partially because HE NEVER EATS!!! Every night he must be starving as he goes to bed (and every morning he immediately wants breakfast!) cause he won't eat his dinner! We won't give him anything else so that he'll learn. But we've been doing that for about 6 months now... shouldn't he get it by now? What do I do? Then, there is the potty training. He had it, then lost it. He is a mess maker! Argh. I am pretty frustrated about it, but trying to keep my cool. I've ignored it for awhile now, but I am all out of pull ups, so I think today I am making another effort to finish this up!
(Here he is trying to help set the table)
He is growing up in other ways, though. He loves to color, draw, and write letters. His drawing now actually look like things (I LOVE this stage of life!). He drew Elmo yesterday, and then asked me how to spell it, and he wrote all the letters! He can write: A, d, E, H, i, L, M, N, O, T, and W. He has learned it all from Weston. As I have been working with Weston on his school stuff, Aidan has just figured it out! He loves to draw pictures for me and Scott. We just treasure them--it is hard to throw any away... the pile it getting pretty high!
He says pretty funny things lately. He was putting on a shirt, and couldn't get it over his head, and frantically called out, "Mom! I can't find my head!" He loves to ask questions about everything. I loves this stage, too. I love that he mostly just accepts my answers.
Weston is wonderful! He loves Kindergarten. Tomorrow is Parent Teacher Conference, so we will see how he is doing, but I think he is right on target. (Side note: is this normal? We received his SEP to fill out and bring to PT Conference--but they want me to have it all filled out first. How can I write his strengths and weaknesses, if I haven't talked to the teacher yet? I know what he is doing at home, but I don't know how he is in class. How do I fill that out???? I think it is strange!).
Weston is so sweet. The other day after church we had this conversation:
W: I felt like crying the whole time in primary.
Me: Why?
W: I felt so good
Me: Why?
W: Cause of all the things they talked about.
Me: Did you feel good inside?
W: Yes, but I wanted to cry.
I then talked about how sometimes the spirit makes us feel so good we want to cry. We talked about recognizing the spirit. He is such a gooooood boy! I am so not worthy to have him.
He also says other funny things. Like this conversation:
The boys were talking about how Grandpa Daw had died. Aidan asked if Grandpa Ron (Scott's dad) died.
W: No, but Grandpa Ron will die soon, right mom?
Me: No, he is still young. He won't die probably til after you get married.
W: yuck.
Me: What's yuck?
W: Getting married.
We went bowling the other night. If you want a fun activity with the kids, that was great. They almost won. Of course they had teh gutter protector things, but still they were pretty good. Weston loved to grab the ball and RUSH to the lane and throw the ball down. It was like a race or something. Aidan loved to watch as the ball SLOOOOWLY made its way down. Really slow. But, he knocked down quite a few!
Well. They are my joys. I love them all. What would I do without them?
4 comments:
Great kids, and you're a great mom!
Your boys are ever so cute Brittany! Isn't the drawing age fun? I love it too. One solution I did (I am in BIG trouble if I throw things away!) is scan them onto my computer, and I actually made the boys a digital book for Christmas of their artwork. They will love it! Plus I got rid of 50 papers!
And I hear you on the eating thing. My oldest is that way. At 8 years old he is finally getting better...trying things, at least! Hang in there. It is tough!
that is the one thing i miss about cub scouts...you and nicole and all the little kids! kids grow up too fast...
yea for primary! He said the whole time, right? So in singing/sharing time, too?
What an adorable family you have!
Post a Comment