I wanted to get on here on cute things that the boys are doing and saying. It is so fun to hear them say funny things. Weston was playing basketball and said to me, "Mom, I'm poofed." (instead of pooped--he thinks saying pooped is potty talk). My dad showed Weston a scar from a surgery on his knee a few months ago. Weston asked Scott, "I wonder if Opa still has a scarf on his leg." And he calls breakfast, "breakpass".
Aidan is saying things that make me laugh, too. But it is just that he is a little boy getting excited. Like the other day when he went around the whole house looking for "pennies". He came into a room and said, "Mom, I need pennies." Then immediately saw one on the ground and screamed, "I found one!!!" It was funnier to actually see it. And today when one of Weston's friends was playing with Aidan's helicopter, Aidan heard him playing, and said, "He has my helicopter!" And then with a very determined look, said, "I am going to go get it!" I wish I could write this with a little boys voice!
They both do funny things. Weston found a thing of heavy string the other day, and while I was not paying attention, strung it ALL over the house. From the table at the top of the stairs, down the stairs, around everything in the living room, and all over the dining room. It looked like a giant spider web!
Aidan loves the baby -- A LOT! Often I find him on top of the poor kid--right in his face (they now have matching booger noses...). He also loves the babies swing and tries to get in when I am not watching. He has learned to "sneak" things--he loves to get into my purse and look for gum. I found him with a whole pack of gum in his mouth once!
Brennan is beautiful. He is already 11 weeks old! He just had a doctor's appointment and he is my FAT baby (compared to the other boys). He is in the 50th percentile for both height and weight! Eleven pounds 10 ounces. I am just so happy about it. I was really worried because he only eats for about 7-10 minutes every 3 hours. I didn't think he was getting anything. But he is nice and big! (I can't believe I will have a child that will actually grow out of his 0-3 month clothes when he is three months!!!!) He is also starting to do things--He started smiling awhile ago, but he is now talking quite a bit (goo, coo, and an occasional "unghhh"). I caught him looking at his fist the other day. Oh the wonderment in their eyes. He is a sweet child and lovely to look at!
6 comments:
I love this post. Kids say the cutest funniest things! Great job capturing it and writing it down. I write stuff my kids say in a binder, and just yesterday I pulled it out and they sat around me for almost an hour while I read funny things they said and did. They LOVED hearing about themselves and got quite a kick out of it.
Your boys look like so much fun, and I KNOW you are such a fun mom to them!
I know what you mean...I love the things my kids say. It cracks me up. Right now Logan, my 4 year old, calls everything new a "batch." He will ask if we have a "new batch of socks" or a "new batch of cereal." So funny.
I love that last picture of little Brennan. I love those newborn looks...so precious!
I loved reading about your boys. Kids do say the silliest things and I have to write them down so I can remember them. You'll have to write our latest post to see what silly thing Isabel said that gave me and Russ quite the laugh.
The scarf on the knee is so funny!!! Your kids are so cute. Cassandra always puts her face in the baby's face too and lies on top of her. They are both sick right now because of that.
Maybe we should get together sometime in March or April when the weather is a little nicer - the kids would probably love to play.
Hey I stumbled onto your blog through the IDM website. Its great to see your family. Your kids are so cute and they look just like mini versions of Scott. Scott Daw is one of the coolest guys I ever met. I still remember how he used to moan every night before he could go to sleep though Does he still do that?
What cute kids! I love what kids say. I try to write them down, but sometimes I can't remember or it just doesn't sound the same as when they said it. Thanks for sharing. I so want to see your baby. He's adorable!
Post a Comment