I hadn't yet bought those high efficiency light bulbs. You know, those that are twisty? Well, they are a good deal at Costco (9$ for 10 of them), so we bought them and now have thirty in our house. We found a spreadsheet that calculates how much we'll be saving by having them in: over 5 years, with 30 (60 watt) bulbs, we save $2,800!!! Great isn't it? Also, I finally decided to get my rear in gear! For all those months while I was pregnant, I couldn't clean my house or work out because of my contractions! I got LAZYYYYY! And since it had been so long, it was really difficult after I had the baby to have the desire to do anything. But, finally (after looking at my haggard appearance in the mirror, and smelling my disgusting house) I decided to get going! So, last week I got Scott to clean the carpets... Thank you honey! And I did work as well... I got on my hands and knees and scrubbed the kitchen and dining room floor, I cleaned the kids rooms, vacuumed the house (thanks again, Scott), wiped down walls, and much more. I was so energized and felt so much better about myself. It really helps me feel better when the house is clean. We (thanks Scott) have really tried to KEEP it clean as well. And I started working out. I am really sore, but again, I feel energized. I am becoming more organized and feeling more on top of things. It just is great to be in this mood.
4 comments:
having babies really does throw everything out of routine. It always takes me at least 6 months after a newborn before I feel like I'm getting back into the groove. Even at that there are still plenty of other things that throw routines off.
Wasn't the world wide training fabulous and inspirational.
I am so glad you are feeling so energized. The same thing has been happening to me for the past few weeks. It is great to feel energized and inspired at the same time!!! I loved the World Wide Training - it has really helped me focus more on my own family.
Go Brittany! It's so great to get back into the swing of things after pregnancy/baby. Go girl! :) (Love your Minerva T. painting!)
Can you send the "Dawling" team of cleaners over to my house? :)
Post a Comment