Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rexburg Temple Open House


We are so excited!!! We are going up to Rexburg tomorrow to visit my family, and to go through the temple open house! I am mostly excited for the boys to be able to go to a temple open house and be able to see the inside of such an amazing and holy place. I don't know how much they will grasp, but hopefully it will be memorable. And they can keep their pamphlets, tickets, or whatever and when they have kids and grandkids they can show them and say that they went to it. My grandfather went to the Salt Lake Temple Dedication (Crazy, no? He was born in 1884!!!). It is so great to finally have a temple in Rexburg. So close... well, not to me, but to my family... And every time we visit, we can just pop up to the temple! We are so lucky to live in the Salt Lake Valley and have so many temples so close by. Within 30 minutes of my house are the Salt Lake, Jordan River, Oquirrh Mountain (not yet opened), Draper (not yet opened), and the Mt. Timpanogos temples! Wow!
I'd love to see any Sugar friends while there... give me a call (my parents house) if you are around!

6 comments:

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

hey cousin... Jennie Brown-Stephens here... I didnt know you were a blogger! go see mine! www.lookatmemommyof3.blogspot.com BYEEEE
jennie

Nikki said...

Hey Brit I still remember going through the Jordan River Temple when I was 14. Rob remembers saving money to donate to the temple....needless to say it was our preference to get married in. It was awesome! We were the only ones getting married that day! 15 short years ago!! great post....Nik
ps. have fun and please drive safely!!!

melissa said...

Oh, I'm so excited for the Rexburg temple too and I hope I get to see it soon. I went to the rededication of the Cardston temple when I was in the third grade, kept my handkerchief, and remember every detail about it, so I'm sure your boys will have awesome memories too. What a great thing to take them to. The temple is the best place on earth to be and I love it! You really are blessed to live near so many. I just moved to Portland and mine is only 15 minutes away now instead of 30! How great is that?! Have fun in Rexburg!

Marne said...

Cool! I will be there this weekend too. It is Mathew's and my parents mission farewells...double Sunday! We are going to the temple open house on Saturday.

Nancy said...

I hope it is an awesome experience for your children. Have a great time!!

Alison said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip to Rexburg! And how fun that you live close to Heather! I'm jealous and would love to live by both of you! Maybe we better move to Utah. :)