Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oh remember, remember

Last night for FHE, Scott and I read "Oh remember, remember" by President Erying. As soon as we started reading I said, "I am going to start feeling guilty!" And then as we read, I thought back on the day. It started fine, but then post-pregnancy emotions and etc (you moms know what I am talking about...) kicked in and I was a grump. Poor Scott. He had to deal with me. And as I looked back over the day, I saw the hand of the Lord in my life. Scott had come home early from work, took the boys out to play in the snow, cleaned up the kitchen, made dinner, cleaned up the kitchen again, and tried everything he could to make me happy. I am so thankful for someone so helpful and supportive.

I also thought of my children and how much I love them! I am grateful for others who have paved the way before and write things down so we can learn. Specifically I am thinking of the author of "The baby whisperer". I am trying to figure out how to get my Brennan to sleep better, and the book is really helping! Anybody else have great tips for me?

We had a wonderful time in Rexburg. The boys loved the temple, though it was a lot of walking. After going through the temple, we went to eat at Frontier Pies (I used to work there) and met my friend (who I met while working at Frontier Pies) Cal Murdock. We had a wonderful time reminiscing on the good ol' days! We also got together for dinner with our friends, the Hansens, who used to live near us here in Herriman, but moved to Rigby. I love friends! We had a lovely time with everyone and my family. We are planning a trip back up to Idaho in the summer to do some canoeing down warm river and some vacationing.

3 comments:

Marne said...

Your baby is simply precious. I love the book "The Baby Whisperer." I recommend it to everyone. It helped me a TON!

Nancy said...

Isn't it amazing how sometimes we just don't see the Lord's hand in our lives. I will have to read that talk too. Your baby is so cute. I read "The Happiest Baby on the Block." I think that is what it is called. It is kind of repetitious but the swaddling part really helped me with my newest baby. She is 5 months now but I still swaddle her up tight with her pacifier and she sleeps well (most of the time:)

Alison said...

What a sweet darling baby! I have no advice on babies, it seems like such a long time since I had one! But with this one I want to read Baby Whisperer. I've heard it helps a lot. Hope it helps you! Good luck!