
Here is a review of the past year for our little family for those interested and as a "Christmas Card" to all those who read this blog.
Of course the highlight of our year has been the addition to our family —our sweet Brennan Sale Daw. (I have been asked what the significance of Sale is—it is my father’s middle name and his mother’s maiden name.) He was born November 24 at 10:52 pm. He weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 19 ½ inches long. He is the most perfect little baby boy. Along with his two perfect brothers, who adore him.
Aidan is what we have dubbed a “goofball”. He is CRAZY—in a fun way. He loves to call people goofball (thanks to Auntie Heidi), and is constantly saying the funniest things. His latest is “A Brand New Caaaaar”---as he motions with his hand, just like on the game shows. (We just bought a brand new car…) He is two—and in the midst of it all. He loves his little
blanket, his “Ruffy” (stuffed doggy), and Lightning McQueen. It is not often you would see him without a car in his hand. He loves everything about cars. He also loves his older brother and follows him around everywhere, as well as repeats everything Weston says. Even though he is now a big brother, he insists he is still little (“I not big, I little!”). He is into everything and quite active--he broke his arm falling off a chair. Cute cast, but sad sweet boy. Aidan loves to sing, his favorite song is “I am a Child of God.” He is so sweet, and really knows how to turn on the charm.
Weston turned four and started pre-school. He loves all of it, and adores his teacher. He loves to learn about sp
ace and is "into" heroes of any kind. Thank goodness for Planet Heroes, a new line of toys from Fisher-Price. That is all he wants for Christmas (and all he is getting...). He loves to show his muscles and jump off things--he is very athletic (well, as athletic as a Brown-Daw combination will get. Poor kid). He played t-ball in the spring--Scott was the coach. What fun! He is a sensitive sweet boy who loves his brothers, and is especially sweet with Brennan. He is extremely smart (of course) and loves to have books read to him. This year we read “James and the Giant Peach”, “The Wind in the Willows”, and “Fantastic Mr. Fox”. The boys got bunk beds and he loves being on the top bunk.
Scott turned 30, too late now to say "I'm in my twenties." He had many things to do with his calling as Young Men's President--campouts and meetings. I thought he was so busy... And then he was called as 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric. Then he got slightly busier. And now I am a "church widow". He keeps our garden beautiful in the summer (he is a fantastic gardener) and our walks free of snow in the winter (thanks to his favorite toy --the snowblower). His
business is going well and he is successful with all he does.
I am a busy mother of three boys—quite outnumbered. But, I always loved being surrounded by boys, so I am okay with it… I am the Wolf Scout leader and enjoy the calling. I was pregnant most of the year, and that really sums up all I did… I didn’t do anything! I seem to have a few complications with my pregnancies and I am constantly contracting. So, I am pretty lazy and don’t do much, so as to not go into labor. Very boring, but I did read a lot of good books. We have done a trip or two up to Idaho to visit my family, and we had a great summer vacation with Scott’s family to Bear Lake.
It has been a lovely year, though it ended sadly. Scott’s grandfather, John Weston Daw, for whom Weston is named, died at the beginning of D
ecember. He was a great man. I remember the first time I met him. He grabbed me by the shoulders and yelled (the way grandpa does) “I like you already!” And I liked him already! He was so full of life and such a great person. He was very influential in Scott’s life—helping to create Scott into the man that he is. He was a great patriarch for the Daw family and will be greatly missed.
Now as we celebrate the birth of the Savior, we are comforted to know that He lived for us, and died for us, so that we might live, as families, eternally.
Of course the highlight of our year has been the addition to our family —our sweet Brennan Sale Daw. (I have been asked what the significance of Sale is—it is my father’s middle name and his mother’s maiden name.) He was born November 24 at 10:52 pm. He weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 19 ½ inches long. He is the most perfect little baby boy. Along with his two perfect brothers, who adore him.
Aidan is what we have dubbed a “goofball”. He is CRAZY—in a fun way. He loves to call people goofball (thanks to Auntie Heidi), and is constantly saying the funniest things. His latest is “A Brand New Caaaaar”---as he motions with his hand, just like on the game shows. (We just bought a brand new car…) He is two—and in the midst of it all. He loves his little
blanket, his “Ruffy” (stuffed doggy), and Lightning McQueen. It is not often you would see him without a car in his hand. He loves everything about cars. He also loves his older brother and follows him around everywhere, as well as repeats everything Weston says. Even though he is now a big brother, he insists he is still little (“I not big, I little!”). He is into everything and quite active--he broke his arm falling off a chair. Cute cast, but sad sweet boy. Aidan loves to sing, his favorite song is “I am a Child of God.” He is so sweet, and really knows how to turn on the charm.Weston turned four and started pre-school. He loves all of it, and adores his teacher. He loves to learn about sp
Scott turned 30, too late now to say "I'm in my twenties." He had many things to do with his calling as Young Men's President--campouts and meetings. I thought he was so busy... And then he was called as 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric. Then he got slightly busier. And now I am a "church widow". He keeps our garden beautiful in the summer (he is a fantastic gardener) and our walks free of snow in the winter (thanks to his favorite toy --the snowblower). His
I am a busy mother of three boys—quite outnumbered. But, I always loved being surrounded by boys, so I am okay with it… I am the Wolf Scout leader and enjoy the calling. I was pregnant most of the year, and that really sums up all I did… I didn’t do anything! I seem to have a few complications with my pregnancies and I am constantly contracting. So, I am pretty lazy and don’t do much, so as to not go into labor. Very boring, but I did read a lot of good books. We have done a trip or two up to Idaho to visit my family, and we had a great summer vacation with Scott’s family to Bear Lake.
It has been a lovely year, though it ended sadly. Scott’s grandfather, John Weston Daw, for whom Weston is named, died at the beginning of D
Now as we celebrate the birth of the Savior, we are comforted to know that He lived for us, and died for us, so that we might live, as families, eternally.
5 comments:
I got your Christmas card the other day and I'm so happy to see that you have a blog page! I'm totally adding your link to my page! Ok, first of all - you look FANTASTIC - and I'm pretty sure you have the cutest little family. Boys are fun! I can't believe how big Weston is! He was scooting around the house on his little bum last time I saw him. Anyway, I'm glad to see you are all doing well and I am definitely going to be checking your page periodically! Love ya toots!
Great pictures, great stories. Sorry to hear about Scott's grandpa. Have a great new year!
I just have to tell you that I LOVE that picture of your family! You are all gorgeous! What a sweet family - your boys sound like a lot of fun and it sounds like you are loving being a mom! I'm so glad. You all look so happy. I hope you all had a nice Christmas!
That is a beautiful picture of your family Beebs! I enjoyed reading about you and what you all are up to. You have adorable boys!
I love your family picture!!! You have always been so pretty and your family is just the cutest! Thank goodness for blogs that we can all keep up on each others lives. YOur Christmas letter was very beautiful. Good job.
Abby
Post a Comment