The first of November was a celebratory day for Aidan. It was National Buffalo Day. Besides celebrating that, Aidan had a piano recital this month where he played "Pirates ****" and did a marvelous job. Full of talent, Elise was in a thanksgiving play at school where she dressed as a pilgrim and said the line, "How will we plant our corn?" What acting skills. All the kids got to be a part of sacrament meeting--Weston spoke (first time as a youth, and he did a great job!!!) and the other three sang "Could I hold the Baby" with two other friends. I love that my kids aren't afraid to perform in front of others--and that is hard to do!
Scott and I went up to Park City for a much needed weekend getaway. It was wonderful to go shopping, not clean house, eat out, and just be together. Omi and Opa were sweet enough to come hang with the kids--and the kids loved it! They went to a movie, ate out, and lived it up. I am so glad Omi and Opa are close enough to see them often.
Right before Thanksgiving, Garners got to visit for a day. It was so fun to see them! Ali and I went shopping for a bit and then we went to Rita's (her demand... and delicious!). It was short, but sweet. And then Thanksgiving was nice to have a few days with the kids and eat delicious food. In the morning Scott and Weston played football with guys from the neighborhood. Weston is really getting into football! We went to Scott's parents for dinner and the next day we put up Christmas decor. We are so excited for Christmas Break. I miss having the kids home with me!
Brennan FINALLY turned eight. He has been counting down to this day for a LONG time!!! The birthday party was quite a bit of fun. The kids played pokemon games, and each time "earned" a pokemon badge/pin. They played a pokemon battle game (that I made up...) and hit down a pokemon pinata and ate cupcakes. For his actual birthday, we went out to Rocky Mountain Pizza Co (the kids' favorite pizza place) and I made a delicious chocolate poke cake. He got a candy bar maker from a friend and a pokemon battlefield (notice a theme here???). He was so excited to get baptized (more on that next time) and start scouts! He looks so grown up in his scout shirt!
Scott and I are busy with work and house and etc... Scott hung the Christmas lights and is working on getting the snowblower to work. I have started a parenting group that meets weekly. It has been very helpful and successful. We discuss principles from the book "Parenting with Love" by Glenn Latham. It is so nice to discuss with other mothers that are going through similar situations how to get through them without being the enemy, without fighting, and keeping a good relationship with the kids. I just hope everyone keeps up with it--coming to the meetings, and applying the principles. So far, so good.
Next month there will be much more to report.
No comments:
Post a Comment