Sunday, October 4, 2015

September

Aidan completed his second triathlon.  He has been training for this for a few months.  It was held up in Bountiful.  He started with a 150 meter swim, then transitioned to his bike and rode 3 miles, and lastly ran 1.5 miles.  He did it in a great time: 36 minutes! We are so proud of his hard work and dedication.  It was thrilling to be able to cheer him on.  Jon Lear and his family were there, too.  It was fun to catch up with them.  We then celebrated at an IHOP for breakfast!

Besides triathlon, Aidan has been playing soccer, playing the piano, and playing pokemon.  Busy childhood!  Weston is also busy with soccer.  He practices three times a week.  He is playing mid field and does a great job because he has skills as a defender and an offender.  We really like the coach and he is making good friends on the team.  He and Aidan went to a Real Monarchs Soccer game and were able to walk onto the field and be presented as those who participated in Real Soccer camps.  Fun, but not as exciting as we thought it would be.  Still...

Weston is also in full swing in Junior High.  And he is doing well.  There is always a little trepidation going into something unknown and "big", but he has handled it all well.  Scott and Weston went camping with the scouts up to Five Mile Pass.  Weston is really loving being in Young Men's and enjoys the activities and friends he is making there.

I am still in Young Women (and I love being able to go to activities with Weston at times!).  I was in charge of a combined YW activity and it turned out fun.  I made the Questival (that activity in the spring that our family did) into a Service Questival.  The girls were put into teams and went around performing acts of service and got points according to how difficult the activity was.

Our neighbors joined us going to the gem faire this year.  Aidan bought some buffalo nickels and Brennan and Aidan both bought some copper coins.  Brennan is doing wonderfully in flag football, scoring the first touchdown for his team and has scored two other times!  He is having fun.  He is also studying hard and came home with a "caught being good" card!

Elise has had fun in kindergarten this year.  Every few weeks they have what is called a "culminating activity" to celebrate what they have been studying.  I get to help out (because I signed up to be the room mom...) and have been able to see her as she learns and grows.  She studied Native Americans and how they lived.

The highlight of September was when Omi and Opa came to visit (separately though).  Opa came for just a few days but was able to attend a soccer game with us--and Adam.  I love it when they get together.  Then Omi came and she lovingly helped me make my quilt!  We invited my friend Norma over to help out as well.  I had put the squares together beforehand but I needed the expertise of ladies who know how to quilt professionally!  We set it up and quickly finished it up.  Then Omi and I did some shopping to find some decorations to go in the basement.  We loved having Omi stay with us--in our new basement!  Although the finished plumbing wasn't done, she did at least get to stay in our new guest room.

Besides doing more basement finishing this month, we have been making lots of spaghetti sauce.  Lots.  Scott is a pro at it now.  We have had several people ask for the recipe, so I posted it, and because of that, several people have asked to borrow our veggie strainer.  I really should get paid commission on all the things I "sell" to people...

Unfortunately, much of this month Scott has been sick.  Because of the antibiotics he was on, and just being sick before, he also got something called "C Diff"and it is a nasty one that just doesn't feel good, and is hard to get rid of.  Fortunately, he has seen a specialist and is now on the mend.

With the sickness, we have been more vigilant about being clean. We do not want a winter full of sickness.  A happy Fall to you all--may you have healthy and happy October!

No comments: