Full swing of nothing but normal busy-ness this month! Most days begin getting the kids off to school (a lot of the days hopefully even getting music and chores done before school) and then Jazzercise for me and preschool for Brennan. Elise and I spend a lot of time cleaning up the house. She is a good helper. She loves to clean glass (and make it dirty) and help with putting things away. She also likes to help me get ready--even picking out my clothes (sometimes she makes me "run into" my shirt) and puts my socks on me. She sits with me as I get ready and puts makeup on herself. We have a lot of fun together. She is very motherly--always taking care of people, singing sweetly, and telling people what to do--"Use both hands", "be careful", etc.... She loves to look at magazines and say, "Hey, I like that"--pointing to every pink thing. The boys taught her about "stealing noses"-- where you put your thumb between your fingers. She is very serious about it and loves to take our noses and put it on her own face. It has been a fun game to play with her.
We've had the last of fall soccer for Weston, but that doesn't mean he has stopped playing. Every afternoon we have a yard full of neighborhood kids playing a game--usually filled with some "unfair" calls... The weather has been so nice and the kids have spent a lot of time playing outside with friends.
Aidan tried out Karate once or twice this past month, but it was a no go. Hopefully next year we'll try again. But he is busy enough doing music--he has now learned how to transpose some of his songs from C Major to F Major. Pretty amazing. He loves to just sit at the piano and tinker around.
Brennan loves preschool! Everything about it is great--he loves singing the fun songs he has learned and telling me about apples, fire safety, and the alphabet. There is a girl in his class who gives him notes and pictures. I asked him why she did that and he said he didn't know... And he really didn't know! Humble even with girls falling for him already. He says the funniest things: When I asked him if he was ready to be five he said, "Yes, and I want to go to College so I won't have scary nightmares." He wanted me to get him some milk and he told me, "I need a picker upper thing that picks up milk."
Heidi, Beanie and Ro came down to stay with us for a bit. Hil came over, too and we had a great time together. I am so glad we get together!
Not much else happened except Halloween, which was great, but too sugary. The kids loved it. Weston was Harry Potter, Aidan was a ninja (with the outfit that came from trying out the karate class... at least it was good for something!), Brennan was the spider, and Elise was a clown. We had a neighborhood trunk or treat and Mom Daw had a Halloween party. Along with all that candy, classroom party candy, and trick or treating candy, we are good to go til Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment