We were able to have a few experiences this month that have been a spiritual uplift for us.
Brennan was really sick with an ear infection and was very miserable. He was crying and we knew he wouldn't be able to sleep well. We told him about getting blessings and he said he wanted a blessing. Scott gave him a blessings that he would feel better and would be able to sleep well. He had been whimpering and crying for three hours. Two minutes after his blessing, he stopped crying, became happy and soon after fell asleep and slept the whole night. The next morning, I asked him how he felt and he said, "I feel all better--the blessing made me feel all better!" I am so grateful that he was able to have an experience where he felt Heavenly Father watching over him.
A couple months ago, and new family moved into our ward. I was making Sunday dinner and made homemade spaghetti sauce and I felt like I should make an extra amount and take it to someone. The whole time I cooked and ate dinner, I thought and thought of who to take it to. I thougth of this new family and after dinner, we put all the extra sauce into a large mason jar. Before going to visit grandparents, we stopped by this house and gave it to the family. Later she shared with us more about that day. They were still in the midst of unpacking and didn't feel quite settled. She was having feelings of anxiety over if they made the right decision to move here. That day had been overly hectic, including something going wrong with their CO2 detectors. The detectors went off and they had to leave the house for a few hours while the firemen came to figure out what was wrong. They got back, and she was frustrated over what to make for dinner with a short amount of time. She started some spaghetti noodles cooking and sent her daughter down to get a jar of store spaghetti sauce. At that moment I arrived with the homemade spaghetti sauce. For her it was a bit of an answer to prayers. To know that she did make the right decision, the Heavenly Father is aware of her. I am so grateful I listened to the spirit and was able to do that for their family.
At the beginning of 2012, I wanted to make some goals for myself, but I knew I would get overwhelmed with all the things I wanted to do, so I decided to just make one goal for January and work on that only. Some of the goals I wanted to work on were reading my scriptures daily, praying EVERY morning, waking up early, eating healthier, exercising, etc. I felt that waking up earlier was the best thing I could do for myself right now. I knew it would give me time to get things done before the kids awoke and I always felt more productive if I woke up early. So that was my goal for just January. I also gave myself something to work towards. If I reached my goal, I would get to buy Elise bedding for her new big girl bed. Well, I have reached my goal. The neat thing is, by waking up daily at 6, I immediately have gone downstairs and gotten my scriptures. I sit on the heater, say my morning prayer and then read scriptures for 30 minutes. I then get breakfast ready for the kids, and usually can even get myself showered before the kids wake up. By the goal of waking up early, I have reached two other goals--saying my morning prayers and reading scriptures! Three birds with one stone! Now for February, I will continue that goal, and set a new one.
2 comments:
Great post! I needed to hear this today!
I need to set a goal to get up earlier as well. a couple of days this week I have gotten up before the babe gets up and I have accomplished so much more...thanks for being an inspiration!
Post a Comment