Changes happen. Sometimes good, sometimes hard, but usually it all works out in the end. Scott was released after serving in the bishopric for 4 1/2 years. It happened because our Stake split up and made new wards (again). We went from 9 wards to 12! Our bishop was part of a new ward and we received a new bishopric. The change is good, but a bit tough on Scott. He was so involved for so long--even before he was in the bishopric, we was (at different times) the Young Men's President, Elder's Quorum President, and Financial Clerk. And it has been three weeks and he still doesn't have a calling! He needs to be busy.
So, to keep him busy, we decided to sell the house and move to a new one. Now is the time to do it--before the kids get too old and now Scott in not in a calling that keeps him here. And we do need a bigger home--we have all three boys in one room and that can't last much longer. The hunt is exasperating and difficult--I guess a little fun, too. Keeping the house clean for people to come see it is exhausting (but rewarding!)--especially since the kids are off track. But, they are being good and they are actually excited for the move. That makes me feel good about it. I was worried they would freak out. Scott promising 50$ to each of them has helped out...
It will be hard to leave this cute home--I love it. I feel like it is a perfect little home (for a slightly smaller family...). And it will be hard to leave our friends and ward. I really love my friends here. I have been able to teach Relief Society for the past year and I loved it--by far, my favorite calling. And they released me! To be the Primary Chorister!!! What? I loved serving in Primary, and I could do sharing time, but this singing stuff is crazy! Good thing Ali can pass on good ideas to me. It is fun and I will enjoy it--even if it may not be for long.
No comments:
Post a Comment