Thursday, March 10, 2011

More Brennanisms

I love to watch Brennan play. He is so fun and funny. For the past hour he has been playing by himself in the toy room --I am not sure what he is playing. He has random toys out, he is whispering to himself and then he plays a bit, runs a bit, whispers some more. He, by far, has the most active imagination of all the kids.

He also really keeps us on our toes about being nice. If I ever use a slightly raised voice (... because I never yell... hmm) his hands immediately cover his eyes, his mouth pouts and he says, "You're being mad to me!" or "Stop being mad to me!" It is so cute, usually that is just enough to calm me down! And, I don't know what to call this or how best to explain it, but if I (for example) remind him to eat his dinner before he gets a treat, he says that he did finish it. Even though it is sitting right there in front of him! Or I tell him he can't jump on the couch, he'll tell me "Dad said I could!" And, if I tell him to do something he doesn't want to do, he'll say, "You're not mom, Dad's mom!" It used to be that I wasn't the boss. He knows "mom" is the boss, so now he is telling me I'm not the mom... :)
He loves to color and spends a good hour of the day coloring. I go through paper quickly! And whenever he colors tape, glue, and scissors are always included! Puzzles are also an almost daily deal. We have probably six puzzles he can do (the big pieces or the big floor puzzles) and we do each one at LEAST once a week.

Although he talks all the time, his speech needs some working on... He can't say an S with another consanant. Such as snake. It comes out "nake". It is so cute! His Rs are a big soft making things even cuter! And he loves to sing (like Aidan) and right now his favorite song is "Eye of the Tiger", which he somehow mixes with the song "I am a child of God". Not quite sure how he does that. We catch him singing some Journey... Instead of "singer in a smokey room" he sings, "I see her in a mokey room."
He loves playing with his brothers and is very protective of Elise. He helps his mom work all the time, especially with vacuuming and dusting. What an absolute LOVE!

No comments: