Friday, January 21, 2011

Puppet Show

The boys love to put on shows for us and for Christmas we got a bunch of soft hand puppets (so cute and such a good deal. Costco, 8$ for 4, lots of variety--dogs, farm, birds, etc.) So I wanted to have a "theatre" for them and most are very expensive. So I decided to make one. It really didn't turn out that much cheaper than buying one... But it really wasn't that hard to make. If I wouldn't have been interrupted every five minutes it probably would have taken me 2-3 hours to make.
Aidan does lots of puppet shows for his music class, too. I will try and take a video of one and post it.
A very lovely show going on about a pig, a dog, and a dinosaur. Not a lot of words, just grunts and barks.
This is the backside--it has pockets for the puppets.

2 comments:

Ali Garner said...

I'm jealous of the farm puppets, I never saw those. I got the dogs, the dinosaurs, and the birds. Cute puppet theater - - you rock!

Alison said...

Love the creativity that would bring! Looks like lots of fun.

I LOVE your kids matching Christmas jammies and your drooping snowman!