This little girl is quite the funny child. Maybe it is that I think she looks so much like my baby photos, but she is a little monkey! She started crawling a month or so ago, and now she loves exploring the house. I have to make sure I sweep and vacuum daily because she eats anything she finds on the ground! With all the Christmas decor up right now, her favorite is the red berry trees... at least the berries are fake and not poisonous. About a week ago she pulled herself into standing. Two days later I found her at the top of our little stairway--just two steps--but I wasn't expecting her to be able to crawl up steps that quickly!
And now since she is pulling up, she likes to stand at her kitchen set. She can't do much but stand there since she is hanging on for dear life, but, she sure feels big!
And the other day we were cleaning the freezer and she got curious and climbed right in!
Once inside though, she realized it was quite cold and she didn't want to stay!
Here is her "morning" look. This is when I think she looks most like me. Kind of a silly look... disheveled hair... stinky... We took her into the doctor for her check up and she is still long and skinny--29.5 inches and 17.3 pounds. 90th and 10th percentiles (respectively). My my.
Her hair is growing--a bit. We are able to do one tiny little ponytail which I promptly hide with a bow or flower... We tried two pony tails and that just looks silly (see below).
Elise had her first OREO cookie and loved it. I love in this photo how her tongue is still looking for a last little bite. She is such a joy. The boys still love her, though she tries to get into their toys and pull down their blocks, etc. Still, they are nice to her and are always playing with her. Weston is very helpful in getting her out of bed and watching her if I am busy. Aidan made her a Christmas present--a snake. He is very excited to give it to her. And Brennan kept her busy with toys for 45 minutes the other day and I was able to get all the dishes done! Thanks boys! And we love you sweet little girl!
3 comments:
Hee hee, the pic of her with the 2 ponytails kind of looks like an alien :) I wish Meredith would keep hairbows in, she pulls them out and loses them. Elise is so cute!!! Do you have a nickname for her yet?
Adorable! She's at such a fun age. Actually I love all the different ages and stages. Babies are just a joy. Loved your Christmas card! Have a wonderful week and a happy holiday!
I saw your family picture and thought "Elise looks like Brittany as a baby!" Cute. Babies are so fun. Enjoy the holiday. She'll love the wrapper paper and boxes the most you know!
Post a Comment