I found an amazing recipe (from my neighbor Mary) for rolls that ROCKS! I can make the whole batch in under an hour from start to finish! Some people have asked for it, so I am just going to post it.
1 3/4 cup lukewarm water
3/8 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 tbsp yeast (I use the quick rise)
mix these together and let rise for 10 minutes.
Add:
2 eggs
1/2 tbsp salt
mix and then gradually add
5 3/4 cup flour (I use 2 cups white and the rest whole wheat)
Make rolls as desired (I do crescent) and let rise for 10 minutes. That is it!
Depending on how you make the rolls determines the temperature and time. If it is individual rolls (like crescent) then a higher temperature shorter time (425 for 10-12 min). You can use this to make cinnamon rolls (more like 350 for 20-25 min--just check them). It can also be used for pizza dough, etc. SOOO easy. I made them for a big family dinner a few weeks ago, but when I got to my mother in laws realized I might not have enough (it made 25 or so rolls), so I quickly whipped together another batch in time for our dinner! Awesome!
2 comments:
i have used these rolls before and they are awesome!
I'm going to have to try my hand at homemade rolls, I kind of stick to the rhodes because they are good and easy. That was fun seeing you last night, I'm still sad about this split business, but hoping for the best! And I am serious about the baby shower, so let me know when you want to do it.
Post a Comment