Friday, November 16, 2007

Shopping for Baby

Weston had his first Primary Program in church last week. At first he was sitting by his friend Talon, and then they moved him between two girls. His face was so expressive. Huge frown, tears, etc, he was not happy to be there. But, he was so good and stuck it out. They eventually moved him back (fortunately before he freaked out) and he did well after that. He even said his part—with help. He is such a sweet boy.
Aidan is CONSTANTLY singing lately. His favorite is “I am a Child of God.” He sometimes belts it out like a rock song… His other favorites are “Penguins Lament”, “The wheels on the bus”, and the ABC song. (If you haven't heard of "Penguins Lament", it is SO cute and funny. It is from a Sandra Boynton book/CD called "Dog Train". The whole CD is great. I completely recommend it to anyone with kids--or without I guess, since I am listening to it even when the kids don't.)

Christmas lights are up on the house--though not on yet. And the day after Thanksgiving we are breaking out all the decorations! I am so excited for Christmas!

Right now we are looking for a rocker/glider for the baby room. Anybody have one that they love? I found one that seems good, a bit cheaper, but I don't need anything too special. Anybody have this and like it? Storkcraft Hoop Glider and Ottoman. I really don't think we need anything else for the baby---since we already have two boys... Maybe the next baby I'll get to do "girlie" shopping.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wish I knew of a good glider to buy. I have heard that if you're going for really inexpensive that the Target ones are better than the Walmart ones. Happy preparation!

Lawrence Clan said...

I don't know what brand of glider is better, but from my experience it's a must to have cushions on the arm rests. My first one didn't have one & it was very uncomfortable.

Speaking of music we got our daughter the "Primary Colors" cd for her birthday and little did we know that Kimball is one of the singers. I thought that was so awesome. We love the CD by the way & we bought it for our nephew when he was sealed to is parents, and they love it too. So you will have to tell them we are a big fans!

Stelene

Alison said...

I had one similar to that and it worked great. As long as they're padded I say. :) Can't wait to hear when you have your sweet Brennan!

(And great job getting your Christmas lights up already! I was thinking that might be a great project for this afternoon although I haven't mentioned it to Dave yet... That will be the trick, getting him to do it! :)

Jeanna said...

Yes, you need padding on the arm rests. I have a rocker with no padding and had to use a blanket to ease the pain in my elbows.

Marne said...

I love the glider I have. I don't recall what kind, I just remember we bought it at a furniture store in Logan UT for $300. It has been one of the best purchases we have made. That thing is so amazingly comfortable!

Good luck with all the preparations. That is my favorite part!